Do your team respect you? Do they know you have their back?
If you want to ensure optimum performance for your people, they need security, and that comes from YOU. If you’re a leader, it’s your job to remove as many of these obstacles as possible, to protect your team.
In this discussion, Adam and James talk through a variety of ways to do so, including:
- Protecting people from unfair or unconstructive criticism
- Cultivating the right atmosphere
- Saying ‘no’ to unrealistic requests
- Taking responsibility for the collective
- Acting as a proxy for communication to protect people’s time