John Kyriazoglou obtained a B.A. (Honours) from the University of Toronto, Canada, also earning a Scholastic award for Academic Excellence in Computer Science. John has worked in Canada, England, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Greece, Saudi Arabia and other countries for over 49 years, as a Senior IT manage...
This book is about auditing and improving the performance of your small, medium-sized or large company.
It contains a business model, several performance dimensions, over 190 audit questions, over 40 performance measures, an evaluation approach, improvement recommendations and implementation guidelines for your review and consideration in your future review efforts.
This book, ‘How to Improve the Performance of your Company’, provides you, the business owner, board member, company director, senior manager, auditor, other stakeholder, etc., with a useful set of practical tools to assist and support you in reviewing and improving the performance of your small, medium-size or large company.
The book contains: A business model, several performance dimensions, over 190 audit questions, over 40 performance measures, an evaluation approach, improvement recommendations and implementation guidelines.
In more detail, it contains:
1. A general business model of five dimensions: ‘C1’ for customers, ‘P1’ for people, ‘P2’ for property, ‘P3’ for production and ‘P4’ for performance.
2. Description of several performance-related aspects, such as: Measurement Culture, Vision, Mission and Strategy, Policies and Procedures, Management Support and Commitment, Performance Measurement and Management System, Production, IT management, etc.
3. Ten business performance audit questionnaires with over 190 questions for items described in 2 above.
4. Over forty performance measures for the functions of: Finance, Sales, Production Output, Management and IT.
5. An evaluation approach with a scoring scheme on the basis of the audit replies collected in 3 above.
6. Five business performance improvement recommendations.
7. Guidelines and control processes to consider in implementing the suggested improvement recommendations.
The objective of this book is to provide any business owner, company director, senior manager, auditor, other stakeholder, etc., with a useful set of practical tools to assist and support them in their business performance management system audit and implementation, using the proposed or any other business performance model (EFQM, Six Sigma, etc.).