Harvard Business Review did research on “the three rules for making a company truly great”. The research was unbiased investigating thousands of companies. The focus was to find the most common denominators amongst the companies that were sustainably successful over a long period of time. The research revealed the following rules:
- Rule 1 – Better before cheaper – Sell the value, not the price.
- Rule 2 – Revenue before cost – You can’t cut your way to success, but you can sell your way there.
- Rule 3 – There are no other rules.
This research shows that it is mostly about sales. Without sales you have no commercial company. You can have the best product, the best services and the best solutions but without sales there is no company. So, if sales differentiate the top performing companies then all companies need to have an effective and proven Sales Process in place.
“The myth behind sales being a ‘born-with’ characteristic should be dumped as the art of selling can be learned,” says Clive Price. Sales Directors think that all they need to do is find born sales people to perfect their team. This is not the case – to be a great sales person, you do not need the gift of gab but a basic system of sales skills. In this book you will learn that GREAT salespeople use a proven and modern sales methodology and you will be taken through each step, so that you can learn how to reach your sales peak for you and your company.
All business activity starts with the sale. Your business needs you to get their products or services sold to the customer. Without sales, there would be no business. It makes common sense that any guidance that you can get to increase your sales volumes and profit margins will go a long way towards driving your business success.
In order to do this, as an experienced sales professional, you need to make a few fairly simple, smart changes in the way you think and behave while selling. When you read this book you’ll learn a few tricks on how the psychology of selling really works and discover new techniques that you can use right now.
- What turns a suspect into a prospect? Sales Professionals waste as much as 70% of their time dealing with very nice people who never buy.
- How to gain the respect and trust of prospects even if you dislike them?
- How to come to grips with the buyer’s reasons to buy and then match your behaviour to their style?
- What questions to ask, to get the 10 Yeses that win deals?
- Why is your competitive differentiator so critical in today’s tough climate?
This book is thorough and concise and I have no hesitation in recommending this clear and well-mapped sales approach for people who are serious about successful selling.
Director & Business Advisor