This eBook explains what you can expect if you attend a management assessment center. These are commonly used when selecting graduates for management, developing supervisors into managers, and promoting line-managers to executive positions.
You will learn:
- How assessment centers are organized and how they differ depending on whether they are being used for recruitment or development.
- The human resources terminology that can help you to understand what exactly is being assessed.
- How assessors use scorecards to record how your behaviors relate to the competencies of the role.
- What research you need to do to be conversant with the jargon, processes, and issues that someone in the role would be expected to know.
- How to use the invite letter, agenda, and role specification to work out what you will be expected to do on the day.