There are many reasons why managing people in a project environment are different from managing them in a departmental setting. These differences make this aspect of the project manager’s job more complex than his or her departmental equivalent even though they may be responsible for similar numbers of people. This means that a good project manager requires all of the people skills of a line manger together with an appreciation of the additional issues that exist in the project environment.
You will learn:
- Why human resource (HR) management is such an essential component of project management.
- How to identify and document project roles and creating an HR management plan.
- The importance of improving the overall team environment to enhance project performance.
- How to assess performance, provide feedback, resolve issues, and manage changes effectively.
- Why effective communication is vital to project success.
- The principles of good project communication.
- How to develop a communications plan.
- Where communications problems usually occur and how to pre-empt them.