Dr. M. Thirumaleshwar graduated in Mechanical Engineering from Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Surathkal, Karnataka, India, in the year 1965. He obtained M.Sc (cryogenis) from University of Southampton, U.K. and Ph.D. (cryogenics) from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
In this book, we present problems on Boiling and Condensation heat transfer, solved with Mathcad, Engineering Equation Solver (EES) and EXCEL.
Some of the applications of boiling and condensation are:
- Evaporators and condensers of a vapour compression refrigerating system
- Boilers and condensers of a steam power plant
- Reboilers and condensers of distillation columns of cryogenic and petrochemical plants
- Cooling of nuclear reactors and rocket motors
- Process heating and cooling etc.