PRINCE2 is a type of project management system that puts great emphasis on control. It aims to ensure that a challenging, complex project can be easily managed and controlled by being divided into smaller stages and conducted with certain principles in mind.
It's a strategic approach founded on the belief that all projects, no matter how well-planned or high-budget they are, can fall apart due to changes from external forces and a failure to manage risks. With Prince2, you only need to deal with one stage at a time, which provides much more control.
In this track, we walk you through the basics of PRINCE2. This track is ideal for anyone looking to take a project management qualification but wants to find out more about PRINCE2.
- Learn what the PRINCE2 methodology is, and why it’s important
- Learn what makes PRINCE2 unique
- Learn why PRINCE2 suits some projects more than others
- Learn the basics of Prince2
- If you're looking for a job as a project manager—or are still early on in your project management career—PRINCE2 is a globally recognized framework and the most used system in the world. In many high-level project management jobs, PRINCE2 knowledge is a requirement.