LinkedIn is a social media giant, having over 225 million users worldwide (as at June 2013). It is used by professionals to:
- Post their Curriculum Vitae (CV), also known as a résumé, on line.
- Develop a network of connections.
- Demonstrate their expertise through status updates and group discussions.
- Research companies and educational establishments.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in their field, through group discussions and thought leaders.
- Find, and in some cases, apply for jobs.
Like all computer applications, using LinkedIn is part art and part science. The science bit is being able to navigate around the application and complete fields of information. The art lies in understanding how it works and leveraging that to your advantage. This is how this eBook will help. It will take you on a journey, helping you set up a basic account, teaching you how to optimise your LinkedIn profile, showing you how you can build up a network of contacts and ultimately assisting you to find jobs through LinkedIn.