This eBook explains the processes and requirements involved in scope management. Any planning or work activity which is not directly focused on completing the specified project objective represents a waste of resources and should not be undertaken. Many projects fail because of difficulties in trying to control the scope of the project.
You will learn:
- How project scope management relates to the successful delivery of a project
- Why ‘scope creep’ and ‘gold plating’ represent real risks to the project
- How to confirm that only specified work is completed in accordance with the scope statement
- To apply scope definition in order to reduce the probability of scope creep within the project
- Why scope management is treated as a distinct functional area within project management.