“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
Passion, as what the dictionary says, is a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for doing something. It is the very thing that makes you feel happy, the one that will motivate you to become the very best you can be. If you know your passion and have the opportunity to do it in your life or in work, climbing the ladder of success will be a lot easier. Everyday will be like a child’s play day, without getting tired at all.
However, even if passion is realized, not every person becomes successful. This is due to the many unnecessary thoughts and things that come on their way as they try to achieve their goals. Being able to overcome those things will help one come up with their expected output – success. So, how are we able to utilize our passion well to lead us on the right path to success? Here are four easy tips.
- Find your passion and when you see it, harness it.
Wanda Skyes once said “If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it.” Passion isn’t really hard to realize. If you know a thing that will drive you, motivate you and inspire you to achieve your goals, then that’s it. If you’re incorporating your passion in work and in your whole life, you will be more creative in coming up with ideas and discovering solutions. More importantly, you will be satisfied and be completely happy. Being truly passionate about something will more likely bring you to success.
- Learn what you can control and accept those that you can’t.
Take it easy, don’t make things complicated. It’s a fact that being successful is not 100% flaw-free. As you go on, you’ll meet lots of problems and negativity that will make you be distracted. Don’t focus on them; focus on your goal instead. How to do it? Here are some advices.
- Manage your fears by not believing on your negative thoughts. Don’t focus on feelings of fear or anxiety which stop you from taking action. Take some risks. Try and try until you get your desired output.
- Clarify your goals. Imagine what success would look like. Contemplate on what is really at stake and do not make fear and anxiety control you and your thoughts.
- Commit to behaviors that will help you achieve your goals. Stay away from doing something that won’t help.
- Accept that you may always feel some anxiety. You will never, ever feel only good. Stop trying to feel good all the time. Disappointments and failures are common in the way to success.
[bookboon-book id=”afa5d3fd-b9f1-4b33-a18e-a3bd00a6410a” title=”This article is based on the following eBook”]
- Set your vision and make it a reality.
What is your vision? What do you want to achieve? What are your ‘big picture’ hopes and dreams? What are you doing to achieve these dreams? The clearer you become about these goals and dreams and the more often you think about them, the more likely you are to achieve them.
- Be creative in visualizing and imagining your dreams.
Recent research on the science of neuroplasticity shows that people can create new pathways in the brain by focusing on and expanding actions or thoughts. This suggests that visualization is one of the most effective ways of reprogramming the subconscious mind. When you focus your mind on imagining what you wish to experience in your life, it will be more definite that you’ll achieve what you want and be successful.
“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – a quote from a man whose talents are exceptional, Albert Einstein. With this, let us all be reminded to bring the power in our passion. In this way, success will not be as far as we thought and as hard as we’ve always imagined. Let us all live our dreams!
[bookboon-recommendations id=”afa5d3fd-b9f1-4b33-a18e-a3bd00a6410a” title=”You might also find these books interesting…”]