Download for FREE in 4 easy steps...
This is a Premium eBook - get it free for 30 days
You can also read this in Bookboon.com Premium
Techie Talks takes the pain out of presenting financial or technical data to diverse audiences, with access to free downloads and video clips, to quickly increase your impact.
300+ Business books exclusively in our Premium eReader
- No adverts
- Advanced features
- Personal library
Users who viewed this item also viewed
The Experts Teach: Maximising Your Potential
Avoiding Death By PowerPoint - Reinvent your slides and add power to your presentation
Transforming People Management - Lessons Learnt and Predictions of Future Success
The Experts Teach: Negotiating Skills
Presenting an Effective Message
The Village That Could - An inspirational tale of resilience in challenging times
About the book
If you’re a technical expert, whether in Finance, IT or Engineering, you’ll find you’re increasingly called upon to persuade Senior Management, peers, customers and a multitude of other groups.
Techie Talks will give you the tools to take complex information and quickly mould it to any audience and situation so that you maximise your influence and credibility with compelling presentation skills.
In addition, you’ll learn how to control your nerves, grabbing – and keeping – everyone’s attention.
While the audience will endure the presentation skills of others, yours will ignite the room.
Along the way, there are free videos and downloads to make the process easy for you to comfortably convey a clear and powerful message. Download Techie Talks to get started!
Those with the know-how in Technology, Finance and Engineering have realised that their knowledge can only be communicated if they engage with their audiences, and not with a data onslaught. Techie Talks is aimed at taking the pain out of presenting and keeping your audience engaged while your credibility and power to persuade is seriously enhanced.
This guide will cover:
- Physical and mental preparation that doesn’t mean an hour of mediation and a gym membership;
- How to make your message match your audience without surveying each and every one of them;
- Speedy and efficient structuring of your material - no need to lock yourself in a room for 2 hours;
- The principles of delivering with impact without having to be ‘act’.
- How to make the most of the opportunities that a presentation brings - painlessly.
- Seven Common myths torn to shreds
- When Presentations are a Plus
- Suggested scenarios for presentations
- What’s in it for you?
- Preparation and Planning
- Defining the Subject
- Audience and Situation Profile
- Set the Key Message/Audience Motivator
- Easy structuring of the content
- The Spice Rack™: The 14 Ways To Grab And Keep Your Audience
- Structuring, in a nutshell
- Why this system works
- Techniques to keep the flow to your content
- Killer language, verbal craft and magic moves
- Killer Language
- The Verbal Magic
- Magic Moves: How to physically influence your audience’s opinion
- Practising Your Presentation
- Loud and proud
- Using Notes
- How to control nerves and get into the zone
- Posture Check
- Breathing Exercises
- Calming the Mind
- Get control, clarity and colour into your voice
- Being heard
- Keeping your audience with you
- Using Vocal Emphasis to speak with greater Conviction
- Using Confident Body Language
- Creating a strong presence
- Moving naturally
- Move to Relax and Signpost
- Personal Eye Contact
- How to deal with ‘blanking’
- The 5-minute deal maker
- Presenting Using PowerPoint
- Visual tips
- .1 Diagrams: The wreckless and the refined
- Fonts – Titles
- Fonts – body
- Progress Bar
- Flip Charts
- Managing the Question and Answer Session
- Keeping control
- Saving time and breath!
- When there are no questions
- The 7 golden rules for dealing with difficult questioners
- Strategies for dealing with difficult questions
- Following up after your presentation
- Continuing your development
- About the Author
About the Author
Alison’s inspiring workshops and coaching in Presentation Training have been enjoyed for a decade by the likes of Shell, Kaspersky, JP Morgan and many more.
Her background includes directing two theatre schools, working for Turkish Radio and Television, including training Presenters for the Eurovision Song Contest in Istanbul 2004. She’s published 3 books of plays and has appeared in theatre and film in Istanbul and London.
Switch Vision (www.switchvision.co.uk), which Alison established in 2008, has now become one of the leading companies in interpersonal communication coaching for technical experts, helps clients increase their impact with compelling presentations that bring to the fore their own natural strengths as a communicator.
“I’ve attended three presentation skills courses at different times during the last 20 years; and this was the best by far” (Kasperky Labs)
The embed frame is free to use for private persons, universities and schools. It is not allowed to be used by any company for commercial purposes unless it is for media coverage. You may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the embed frame, including but not limited to links back to the bookboon.com website.
The Embed frame may not be used as part of a commercial business offering. The embed frame is intended for private people who want to share eBooks on their website or blog, professors or teaching professionals who want to make an eBook available directly on their page, and media, journalists or bloggers who wants to discuss a given eBook
If you are in doubt about whether you can implement the embed frame, you are welcome to contact Thomas Buus Madsen on email@example.com and seek permission.