Well, there is the content itself, of course. But there is so much more to content marketing than meets the eye and a great piece of content is always the result of consistent effort, careful planning, and the right attitude.
1. They fully embrace Content Marketing
Content marketing requires real commitment and companies who understand that have a better chance of succeeding.
- Dedicate enough time to make it successful
- Include content in your marketing budget
- Know who is in charge of content marketing in your company and make sure they are accountable for it
- Understand that results will build up over time, so be patient and consistent in your efforts
2. They have a plan
Companies who win at content marketing know how crucial it is to have a plan. Throwing yourself in at the deep end without being properly prepared can make you lose a lot of time and money.
- Know your business objectives & your audience inside out
- Think about timing: when is the best time to publish your content?
- Research your ideas and measure results so that you can adapt your plan as things evolve
- Be realistic and plan for activities that you can make happen with the resources that are available to you
- Use tools to plan and schedule your activities (for example, Trello, Buffer or even a good Excel sheet!)
3. Their content rocks
Companies who publish great content have a better chance of standing out from the crowd.
- Explore your creativity and find what works for you and your audience
- Keep your audience’s needs in mind at all times
- Be engaging and encourage action and conversations
- Make sure each piece of content serves a business purpose
4. They promote their content
Once a piece of content is created, the temptation of celebrating a job well done is big. However, creating the content is only half the work. The companies who are relentless in their efforts to distribute their content in the right places are the absolute winners.
- For each piece of content you produce, spend time thinking about where it should be distributed
- Be creative and keep looking for distribution opportunities, online and offline
- Create partnerships with relevant companies, suppliers, influencers to increase your content’s reach
- Go beyond your own channels and write for private or public blogs (for example Medium)
- Start experiencing with social media advertising or sponsored content
5. They enjoy themselves
Publishing content is like putting a little bit of yourself out there for everyone to see. The passion and energy you put into your work can really make the difference between an interesting piece of content and one that creates a true bond between you and your audience. So get out there and have fun!
For practical tips on how to plan and implement your own content marketing activities, download Victoria Binz’s eBook Content Marketing for Small Businesses – A Practical Guide.
Here are three more blog articles on the topic of marketing for you to discover:
- The Benefits of Mobile Marketing Automation are Real!
- 3 Ways to Optimize Your Social Media Content to Engage People
- Marketing Strategies for Small Organisations
Diese Bücher könnten Sie ebenfalls interessieren: